By Matt Noonan | @NoontimeNation
Welcome to Thursday, everyone – we’re one day away from the start of a brand new weekend!
The sun is shining outside my window, but it is VERY cold, so make sure to bundle up and maybe wear an extra hat (or gloves). But luckily this cold spell will pass as the mild temperatures will return this weekend (and even next week, too). So get excited!
Alright, without further ado, here is a brand new Daily Noontime, but remember … make sure you smile, laugh, eat a cookie, drink some hot cocoa, and read something interesting today.
The Boston Sports Scoreboard
- The Boston Bruins kicked-off their road trip with a 2-1 (overtime) win last night over the Edmonton Oilers. David Pastrnak and Patrice Bergeron each lit the lamp for the Bruins, who improve to 38-11-12 overall.
Boston will visit the Calgary Flames tomorrow night (Friday, Feb. 21st) with puck drop scheduled for 9 p.m.
- The Boston Celtics will commence the second half of their season tomorrow when they visit the Minnesota Timberwolves for an 8 p.m. tip-off.
The Noontime Headlines (and Links)
- Chris Kreider remains on the market and could be a target for not just the Bruins at the NHL Trade Deadline. (NBC Sports)
- According to a report, the NFL would add an extra playoff team under the Collective Bargaining Agreement beginning this season. (ProFootballTalk.com)
- Brock Holt won’t be playing for the Boston Red Sox this season – he recently joined the Milwaukee Brewers – but one Boston journalist pondered the question if he was the greatest utility player in the team’s history. (Boston.com)
- According to Colin Cowherd, the New England Patriots could sign Derek Carr if Tom Brady inks his name on a contract with the Las Vegas Raiders. (NESN.com)
- Robert Williams will be returning to the hardwood soon for the Celtics. (Boston.com)
- The NBA postseason will be here before we know it, which means its time to highlight a few teams that could provide the Celtics with some challenges over the next few weeks. (Fansided)
VIDEO OF THE DAY: In honor of ‘Throwback Thursday’ here is my audition tape for the Chicago Cubs PA Announcer position from 2011. (Feel free to laugh – I won’t get upset!)