Cody Ross finished Thursday’s contest with four RBIs and one home run! (Photo Credit: BostonInno.com)
It’s Friday, which means it’s officially time to celebrate the end of the week, right? OK… OK… before the workday concludes, let’s dish out some headlines, news and more from the Bay State!
* Cody Ross concluded Thursday’s contest against the Tampa Bay Rays with four RBIs and one home run, as Boston ended their two-game series with a 5-3 victory. Felix Doubront lasted 5.2 innings on the bump, and recorded his fourth win of the season, while Marlon Byrd smacked his first long ball in a Sox uniform.
* Boston will continue its current road trip on Friday when they travel to Philadelphia for their first inter-league clash of the season — Daniel Bard will oppose Cole Hamels — first pitch is scheduled for 7:05PM.
* Daisuke Matsuzaka experienced his longest rehab start on Thursday in North Carolina with the PawSox, as the right-hander pitched 6.2 innings and yielded four earned runs. He also recorded three strikeouts, hit one batter and surrendered two home runs.
* The Boston Celtics will attempt to earn a two-game series lead on Friday when they return to the hardwood for Game. No 4 against the Philadelphia 76ers, which is scheduled for 8:00PM. The Green and White spent their off day recovering from their gigantic victory on Wednesday, and watching film.
Mark Sanchez got the better of Eli Manning on Monday!
It’s Tuesday, which means the week is slowly moving along. Here’s the headlines and news of the day, so enjoy, friends!
* The New York Jets flew past the New York Giants on Monday in an impressive win.
* Is it possible to think that Philadelphia Phillies pitcher Cole Hamels is underrated? If so, why? Well, here’s some reasons why Phillies fans shouldn’t be too concerned about their playoff pitching situation.
* The Philadelphia Eagles reached deep into their pockets on Monday and handed quarterback Michael Vick a brand new six-year, $100 million contract.
* Good news for Indianapolis Colts fans, quarterback Peyton Manning will ease his way back into practice mode, especially since he’s officially off the physically unable to perform list.
* The first game of a critical regular season series between the Boston Red Sox and New York Yankees is on Tuesday and certainly the AL East division lead is on the line.
* Alex Rodriguez will be day-to-day going forward and could certainly miss the Red Sox-Yankees series.
Games to Watch:
* Oakland at Cleveland (MLB) – 7:05pm eastern
* New York Yankees at Boston (MLB) – 7:10pm eastern
* Tampa Bay at Texas (MLB) – 8:05pm eastern
* Chicago Cubs at San Francisco (MLB) – 10:15pm eastern
Video of the Day:
In case you missed Manning’s interview with the media on Monday, here’s the clip!