Happy “Hump Day” to everyone, and welcome into yet another outstanding edition of the Daily Noontime! Here are some headlines to jumpstart this gloomy day thus far!
* The word “gloomy” is a good way to describe both the Boston Celtics and Red Sox games from Tuesday, as both teams watched their current winning streaks get snapped.
* Atlanta halted a 7-0 run by Boston, and swarmed Rajon Rondo following a steal with approximately nine seconds remaining in regulation to earn an 87-86 win. Boston still leads, 3-2, and will attempt to punch their ticket to round two on Thursday when both squads return to the hardwood.
* After Tuesday’s game concluded, Pierce downplayed his knee injury by saying, “I don’t think it bothered me too much.” Boston’s captain finished the contest 7 of 17, and recorded six rebounds, four assists and three steals.
* Kansas City ended Boston’s one-game winning streak on Tuesday, as they defeated the Red Sox, 6-4. David Ortiz recorded his 13th double, while Kelly Shoppach and Dustin Pedroia each registered an RBI in the loss.
* After their second contest against the Royals, Will Middlebrooks told reporters that he hopes to be in the lineup on Wednesday despite tightness in his left hamstring.
* Finally, the New England Patriots inked former Denver Broncos tight end Daniel Fells to a contract for the upcoming 2012 season. Fells, who was really close to signing with the Patriots in 2010, ended up joining the Broncos for the past two seasons. Although, once the free agency period began this year, he realized that joining New England would be the right thing.