Memorial Day weekend is vastly approaching, which means a majority of the college sports teams in Massachusetts have either concluded their seasons or in the process of wrapping up their spring campaigns. Some schools concluded their year with National Championships, while others fell short.
Here are a few links from the Div. III college sports scene in Massachusetts.
* The Williams College women’s tennis team earned its fifth consecutive championship on Wednesday against University of Chicago in Cary, North Carolina. Three Ephs seniors, (Kristin Alotta, Caroline Capute and Taylor French) concluded their careers with their fourth consecutive championships.
* Three members of the Amherst College men’s lacrosse team earned USILA and NEILA honors. Sophomore Devin Acton and junior Danny Gold were named to the NEILA Div. III 2nd Team, while senior Evan Redwood earned his third-straight USILA All-American honorable mention.
* Wheaton College freshman Apollinar De la Cruz was named the D3baseball.com’s National Rookie of the Year on Wednesday, and was also placed on the Honorable Mention Team.
* Nichols College sophomore Tyler Shute was named on Wednesday to the second annual Worcester Area Baseball All-Star Team.
* Williams College junior Bryan Chow was named the winner of the NCAA Elite 89 Award in the men’s tennis championship.