Happy Monday y’all and of course, here’s an early Happy Thanksgiving message to everyone too – have fun and be safe! Anyways, it’s time to kick-off the day with some fun filled news and headlines, so let’s get the party started!
* Sad news was reported early Monday morning, as MSNBC.com and other news sources confirmed the death of Seattle Mariners outfielder Greg Halman. According to the report, Halman’s brother was involved in the killing and was arrested once police arrived at the home.
* Tony Stewart capped off the NASCAR season with the Sprint Cup championship, as he defeated Carl Edwards for the victory.
* According to reports — Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler will most likely miss the remainder of the season due to a thumb injury on his throwing hand.
* This might sound crazy, but the Philadelphia Eagles somehow helped their playoff chances on Sunday, as backup quarterback Vince Young led the men dressed in green and white past the New York Giants for their fourth victory of the season.
* It’s possible that the Boston Red Sox have found their “man,” as the organization is expected to meet with former New York Mets manager Bobby Valentine on Monday.
* After losing to the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday, Washington Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall expressed to the media that he should be released.
Games to Watch:
* No. 17 Michigan vs. No. 10 Memphis (NCAA Basketball) – 3:00pm eastern
* Tennessee at No. 6 Duke (NCAA Basketball) – 5:30pm eastern
* Carolina at Philadelphia (NHL) – 7:00pm eastern
* Boston at Montreal (NHL) – 7:30pm eastern
* Kansas City at New England (NFL) – 8:30pm eastern
Video of the Day:
Good old Lee Corso apologized for swearing on “College Game Day,” and here’s the video, enjoy!