By NoontimeSports.com | @NoontimeSports
Welcome to Friday, Noontime Sports Fans and Friends!
One week from today, we will have some ‘Friday Night Lights‘ to cover – we will also have a few week one games in the book, including Coast Guard Academy-University of New England.
So, let’s kick-off the second to last weekend of August with a brand new edition of the ‘Football Friday Notebook,’ which we all know you love!
New England Football Links & Stories
- As mentioned above the Coast Guard football team kicks-off its season next Thursday, August 30th, so make sure to learn more about the Bears by CLICKING HERE!
- ICYMI: Framingham State was picked to capture the MASCAC this fall, but do the Rams have what it takes to get past Plymouth State and Western Connecticut, which finished second and third, respectively, in the preseason poll?
- Another ICYMI: Husson University was selected to capture the Eastern Collegiate Football Conference (ECFC) – the Eagles collected six first-place votes, while SUNY Maritime earned one first-place nod. The Eagles begin a new era without running back John Smith, but don’t expect the Green and Gold to lose any momentum, though.
- Make sure to stay connected with the SuiteSports.com crew this upcoming high school football season – earlier this week, they unveiled their Massachusetts Preseason All-State Team, so make sure to check it out!
- Former NFL tight end Keith Willis was in the Berkshires this week to speak with members of the Taconic football team.
- As seen in the Boston Globe, the UMass football team is eager to continue its momentum from last fall.
- As seen on Boston.com, here are five things all New England Patriots fans should know heading into their third preseason contest this evening against the Carolina Panthers.
- The Harvard University football season is just a few weeks away, but here are a few players you will want to watch this fall when the Crimson contend for an Ivy League crown.
Want more Noontime Football coverage? Then make sure to stay connected with us on Twitter by following @Noontime_FB right now!