By Matt Noonan
Ah, it’s Friday – we made it (insert cheers!).
And it is also the first Friday of the month, which means it’s a good time to unveil a new weekly post that will recap and revisit the content we produced, both here through the site, as well as our podcast and social channels.
But first, here is some of the latest headlines that you may want to check-out or read before transitioning into weekend mode.
Noontime’s Friday Afternoon Headlines
- Alex Cora has been named the new manager of the Boston Red Sox – surprise, eh? But will this “reunion” work next season?
- The Boston Globe‘s Dan Shaughnessy asks his readers if welcoming back Alex Cora makes Red Sox fans happy or disappointed?
- Steve Cohen officially owns the New York Mets. And he even tweeted about “closing” the deal – nice!
- The Pac-12 returns this weekend, but two games are canceled, including Utah vs. Arizona.
- The University of Hartford men’s lacrosse team has been punished by the NCAA “for recruiting and eligibility violations,” which the school did not report.
- World Lacrosse has welcomed the U.S. Virgin Islands Lacrosse Association (USVILA) as its “newest-member” of its National Governing Body.
- Connecticut Governor Ned Lamont has ordered that student-athletes playing basketball or hockey this winter must wear masks. Additionally, no more football games can be played in
Noontime’s Week of Content (Nov. 2 – Nov. 6)
- Daily Noontime (Nov. 6)
- Noontime’s ‘What If’ NFL Playoff Predictions (Week Nine) (Nov. 5)
- Daily Noontime (Nov. 5)
- Daily Noontime (Nov. 4)
- Daily Noontime (Nov. 3)
- Revisiting A Historic Day for Dean College Football (Nov. 2)
- Daily Noontime (Nov. 2)
Noontime Sports Podcasts (links to Spotify, but remember you can find our show on other platforms, too!)
- Brendan McWilliams & Olivia Berry (Emmanuel College) (Nov. 6)
- Darryl Konicki (Little East Conference) (Nov. 5)
- Joe Malkin (Mass. Maritime Acad.) & Shawn Medeiros (Endicott College) (Nov. 3)
Noontime Instagram Posts (Make sure to follow us @NoontimeNation)
- Our Throwback Thursday series this fall highlighted both Alec Coleman and Western New England football. (Nov. 5)
- Our ‘On This Date’ in New England D-III Football on Monday highlighted Terrell Watts and the Dean College football team. (Nov. 2)
Circle back this weekend for some new blogs, but in the meantime have a wonderful weekend, everyone!