Welcome to Friday. It is the end of the work week, the weekend is upon us and so is that special Valentines Day too, but don’t worry if you don’t have anyone special, Noontime Sports will be your date! Any ways, have an awesome day and enjoy the Daily Noontime for Friday February 10, 2011.
* The Boston Celtics may have lost to their arch rival the Los Angles Lakers, but were able to watch Ray Allen break Reggie Miller‘s 3-point record.
* The NFL cancelled meetings on Thursday, but it just seems likely that the league will be locked out sooner than later.
* The Utah Jazz received some sad news on Thursday, their head coach Jerry Sloan decided to step down and retire from the organization.
* Forget playing basketball, former University of Washington center and New Jersey Net, Todd MacCulloch has become a “pinball wizard.”
* Good news for Patriots fans, Logan Mankins will receive the franchise tag, so don’t worry, he won’t be leaving the squad after all.
* Can you say, “save of the year?” New York Islanders goalie Mikko Koskinen was able to make an amazing save and denied a Montreal goal.
Games to Watch:
* New Orleans at Orlando (NBA) – 7:00pm eastern
* Detroit at Boston (NHL) – 7:00pm eastern
* New York Rangers at Atlanta (NHL) – 7:30pm eastern
* Los Angles Lakers at New York Knicks (NBA) – 8:00pm eastern
* Phoenix at Utah (NBA) – 10:30pm eastern
Video of the Day:
Yes, Mr. Allen did indeed break the 3-point record!