Daniel Nava drove in three runs on Tuesday, as Boston defeated Detroit, 6-3! (Photo Credit: CTPost.com)
It’s “hump day,” which means this week is somewhat over, right? OK… OK… here are some headlines, news and stories from the city of champions.
* The Boston Red Sox earned their 25th win of the season on Tuesday, as they defeated the Detroit Tigers, 6-3. David Ortizcranked his 11th home run and 18th double of the season, while Daniel Navarecorded three RBIs. Also, Daniel Bardpicked up his fifth win on the bump by tossing 5.1 innings and yielding five hits and two earned runs. Bard also recorded four strikeouts before he was relieved in the sixth forRich Hill.
* Boston has now won 12 games at Fenway Park this season, and will attempt to even their home record on Wednesday against the Tigers — Jon Lesterfaces Drew Smyly — first pitch is scheduled for 7:10PM.
* According to reports — Carl Crawfordis two weeks away from throwing. The Sox outfielder has apparently tallied 60 swings of a tee, but is 10 days away from being able to test the arm, which he believes will be the “true test.”
* The New England Patriots announced on Tuesday that they released the 2007 first-round draft pick of the Indianapolis Colts, Anthony Gonzalez. The wide out, who was a free agent this past winter, has been hampered by injuries and hoped to revive his career in New England.
* Finally, the Boston Celtics will attempt to even their Eastern Conference Finals series with the Miami Heat on Wednesday — tip is scheduled for 8:30PM.
Jon Lester will be on the bump Friday for the Boston Red Sox! (Photo Credit: Chowdaheadz.com)
Happy Friday to everyone, and welcome into the final Daily Noontime of the week! Let’s kick-off Memorial Day Weekend with some news and headlines!
* The Boston Red Sox and Tampa Bay Rays will begin their three-game series on Friday at Fenway Park — Jon Lesteropposes Alex Cobb— first pitch is scheduled for 7:10PM.
* According to various reports — Bobby Valentine strongly believes that if the Sox continue to play the way they’ve played the past 20 games, they’ll win the championship. Boston is 18-12 since blowing a nine run lead to the New York Yankees on April 21, which is the third best record in the American League behind Baltimore (20-10) and Tampa Bay (19-11). If the Sox continue on this particular path, they’d finish their current campaign with 93 wins.
* The Boston Celtics and Philadelphia 76ers will conclude their Eastern Conference semi-final series on Saturday at 8PM at the TD Garden. Boston has won three of five meetings against Philadelphia in the seventh game dating back to 1965.
Jrue Holiday paced the 76ers with 18 points on Monday, which helped Philadelphia even their semi-final series with Boston! (Photo Credit: PHLsportsfan.com)
It’s Tuesday, which means this particular week is slowly motoring along! Here are some headlines and news to kickstart your day!
* Four players recorded 10 points or more for Philadelphia on Monday, as the 76ers defended a late rally by Boston to tie their Eastern Conference semi-finals series, 1-1, (Philly defeated Boston, 82-81 in Game No. 2).
* Boston and Philadelphia will resume their series on Wednesday in the “City of Brotherly Love” — Tip is scheduled for 7:00PM at the Wells Fargo Center.
* The Boston Red Sox earned their fourth consecutive win, as they defeated the Seattle Mariners, 6-1. Jon Lestertossed a complete game, and allowed eight hits, one earned run, and fanned six batters. Daniel Navaand Kelly Shoppacheach cranked one home run, while David Ortizrecored his 26th RBI of the season.
* Boston and Seattle will conclude their two-game series on Tuesday —Josh Beckettopposes Blake Beavan — first pitch is scheduled for 4:05PM.
Jarrod Saltalamacchia recorded one home run and 5 RBIs on Sunday, as Boston extended its current winning streak to three-games! (Photo Credit: Yahoo! Sports)
It’s Monday, which means a new week has officially begun! Let’s get it started with some news and headlines from the city of Boston!
* The Boston Red Sox won their third consecutive game on Sunday, as the local nine pounded the Cleveland Indians, 12-1. Daniel Bardpicked up his third win of the season, as he pitched six innings, allowed one earned run, and fanned two batters, while Jarrod Saltalamacchiarecorded one home run and 5 RBIs.
* Boston has now won 15 games, and will look to earn their eighth win at Fenway Park on Monday when they host the Seattle Mariners — Jon Lesteropposes Jason Vargas— first pitch is scheduled for 7:10PM.
* According to various reports — Daisuke Matsuzakawill make two more rehab starts with the PawSox before returning to Boston. The right-hander made his most recent start on Saturday, and lasted 5.1 innings and allowed seven hits, five runs, but fanned five batters.
* The Boston Celtics will look to earn their second Eastern Conference semi-final victory on Monday when they return to the hardwood at the TD Garden. Boston defeated Philadelphia, 92-91 on Saturday, and were given the day off on Sunday.
* Finally, New England Patriots quarterback Tom Bradywas recently interviewed by Sports Illustrated’s PeterKing, who wrote in his weekly, “Monday Morning Quarterback” an excerpt about his first start against the Indianapolis Colts on Sept. 30, 2001.
Josh Beckett made headlines on Wednesday for his golf outing last week, while nursing an injury! (Photo Credit: Cleveland.com)
It’s Thursday, which means the weekend is right around the corner. And while we anxiously await for Friday, let’s jumpstart this particular day with some headlines and news.
* Despite tying the game in the third inning, Kansas City retained the lead with one run in the fourth, which helped the Royals defeat the Boston Red Sox, 4-3. Jon Lesterearned his third loss of the season, while Adrian Gonzalezregistered his 19th RBI of the season.
* Boston will return to Fenway Park on Thursday, and attempt to earn their second win in May against the Cleveland Indians. The Sox have only won win in the current month, which was against the Royals on Monday, but have lost seven of their last eight contests.
* According to reports — Josh Beckett, who is scheduled to pitch the first game against the Indians in Boston, supposedly spent an off day last week playing golf while nursing a lat muscle. Beckett did not appear in Sunday’s 17 inning contest against Baltimore due to his “injury,” and hasn’t appeared on the bump since April 29, against the Chicago White Sox.
* The Boston Celtics will attempt to end their first round series against the Atlanta Hawks on Thursday at the TD Garden. Boston has a 3-2 advantage, and has won two out of three games at home.
* Finally, Hawks owner Michael Gearon Jr. told the Atlanta Journal Constitution that Kevin Garnettis the dirtiest player in league. He also claimed that the Celtics are an old team, too.