Will you be cheering or booing Kevin Youkilis on Monday at Fenway Park? (Photo Credit: Matt Noonan for Noontime Sports)
The Boston Red Sox return home to Fenway Park on Monday, and will begin a four-game series with the Chicago White Sox.
Don’t consider this a regular season series because Bostonians and New Englanders will be forced to watch their team’s former first and third basemen, Kevin Youkilis, sporting black and white instead of red and white.
So, we’re curious… will you be cheering for Youk or booing him?
Don’t worry… we won’t share this with Mr. Bobby Valentine, we promise, but we’d like to know how you’ll react to Mr. Youkilis once his name is announced over the public address system.
Answer our poll questions below and feel free to leave comments, too!
Kevin Youkilis cranked his third home run of the season on Tuesday, which wasn’t enough to spark Boston’s bats! (Photo Credit: Sawxblog.com)
Happy “hump day” to everyone! The rain seems to be subsiding, which means sunny days are here again, right? OK… OK… here are some headlines and news from the city of Boston.
* Baltimore jumped out to a 2-0 lead after two innings, and never looked back, as their lead ballooned into a 4-1 victory on Tuesday evening against Boston. Kevin Youkilishit his third home run of the season, along with his 10th RBI, while Adrian Gonzalezregistered one hit.
* Boston and Baltimore will conclude their three-game series on Wednesday at 12:35PM — Daniel Bardopposes Jake Arrieta.
* According to reports — Cody Rosscould miss six to eight weeks with a fractured bone in his left foot. Ross injured his foot last Friday after he fouled a ball off his foot, and is now the seventh Sox outfielder to be placed on the disabled list.
* Boston will attempt to close out their second round series with the Philadelphia 76ers on Wednesday at 8PM. The Celtics currently lead the series, 3-2.
* Philadelphia is 4-0 this postseason after a loss, and 4-1 at home. There only loss at the Wells Fargo Center came against Boston in Game No. 3 of this particular Eastern Conference series.
* Finally, former UMass men’s ice hockey goaltender Jonathan Quickrecorded 38 saves in a span of 77:42 on Tuesday for Los Angles, which helped the Kings eliminate the Phoenix Coyotes from the NHL Western Conference Finals.
Don't expect Rajon Rondo to return to the lineup on Tuesday! (Photo Credit: Zimbio.com)
It’s hard to believe, but April is officially coming to a close!
Good Monday to everyone, and welcome into another grand edition of the Daily Noontime! Let’s kickstart the day with some news and headlines from Boston.
* The Boston Celtics dropped their first playoff game on Sunday, as the Atlanta Hawks defeated the Green and White, 83-74. Josh Smithposted 22 points and 18 rebounds for Atlanta, while Kevin Garnettand Rajon Rondoeach paced Boston with 20 points.
* Atlanta and Boston will return to the hardwood for Game No. 2 of the Eastern Conference quarterfinals on Tuesday at 7:30pm.
* The Boston Red Sox had their six-game winning streak snapped on Sunday, as the Chicago White Sox defeated the local nine, 4-1. Cody Rossrecorded his 18th RBI, while David Ortizcranked his ninth double of the season.
* The Red Sox, who’re now 10-11, will attempt to snap their one-game skid against the Oakland Athletics — Clay Buchholz opposes Tommy Milone.
* Kevin Youkilisexpressed that despite being a late scratch on Sunday, he believed could have been a pinch hitter. Youkilis is currently dealing with a sore lower back, but hopes to be back in the lineup on Monday.
Dont'a Hightower, (pictured above) became one of two New England Patriots drafted in the first round on Thursday! (Photo Credit: SB Nation)
It’s Friday, which means we can break out into song and dance! Here are some headlines and news from around the city of Boston!
* The New England Patriots bolstered their roster on the first day of the 2012 NFL Draft by selecting Chandler Jonesof Syracuse and Dont’a HightowerAlabama. Both players will be spotted on defense – Jone is a defensive end and Hightower is an inside linebacker.
* The Boston Red Sox earned their fourth consecutive win on Thursday, as they defeated the Chicago White Sox, 10-3. Felix Doubrontearned his first win of the season – he lasted six innings and struck out two batters, but surrendered five hits, three runs, and one home run.
* Kevin Youkiliscranked his second home run of the season against the White Sox, and also recorded four RBIs in the win.
* Boston and Chicago will return to the diamond on Friday for an 8:10pm first pitch – Daniel Bardwill face-off against John Danks.
* The Boston Celtics concluded their abbreviated season with an 87-74 victory against the Milwaukee Bucks. Avery Bradleyled the Green and White with 14 points, while Paul Pierceadded 12 points.
* Boston will begin its quest toward Banner 18 on Sunday when they travel to Atlanta for Game No. 1 of the Eastern Conference semi-finals. Boston will host Games No. 3 and No. 4 on Friday (May 4) and Sunday (May 6).
* Finally, Boston College’s Luke Kuechly was drafted in the first round by the Carolina Panthers as the ninth pick.