Good Tuesday to everyone, and welcome into yet another amazing edition of the Daily Noontime! Let’s kick-start the day with news and headlines.
* The Boston Celtics snapped their one-game losing skid in Los Angles on Monday, as they defeated the Clippers, 94-85. Paul Piercepaced all scorers with 25 points, while Rajon Rondotallied 10 assists. Boston will continue its eight-game road trip on Wednesday when they travel to Oakland to face the Golden State Warriors.
* Sources confirmed late Monday evening that former New England Patriots wide receiver Randy Mosshas inked his name on a one-year contract with the San Francisco 49ers. The highly touted wide receiver did not play this past season, but certainly is excited about returning to the gridiron.
* The Boston Bruins will attempt to end their two-game losing streak on Tuesday when they travel to Tampa Bay for a 7:30pm face-off.
* Finally, the University of Massachusetts men’s basketball team will begin their quest toward a NIT championship on Tuesday when they tip-off against Mississippi State at 7:00pm.
Good Monday to everyone, and welcome back to the Daily Noontime! Here are some headlines to kick-start and jumpstart your day!
* The Boston Celtics couldn’t hang onto a three-point advantage late in the fourth quarter, as the Los Angles Lakers rallied to defeat the Green and White, 97-94. Kobe Bryantled all scorers with 26 points, while Rajon Rondopaced the Celtics with 10 assists. Boston will return to the Staple Center on Monday when they tip-off against the Los Angles Clippers.
* On Sunday, the NCAA announced that Harvard University’s men’s basketball team earned the No. 12 seed in the eastern bracket of the upcoming March Madness tournament, which is scheduled to begin on Thursday, Mar. 15. The Crimson will begin their journey toward a NCAA crown against Vanderbilt University.
* Sources confirmed late Sunday evening that University of Massachusetts’ (Amherst) men’s basketball team earned a spot in the upcoming NIT tournament. The Minutemen will tip-off against Mississippi State on Tuesday, Mar. 13.
* The Boston Bruins earned their second consecutive loss on Sunday, as the Pittsburgh Penguins defeated the Black and Gold, 5-2. Pittsburgh netted three goals in the first frame, while adding one strike in the second and third period, while Tim Thomasand Marty Turcocombined for 27 saves. The Bruins will look to snap their two-game skid on Tuesday when they travel to Tampa Bay.
It’s Friday, and before we break out into song and dance, let’s jumpstart the day with some headlines and news!
* The Los Angles Lakers snapped the Boston Celtics five-game winning streak on Thursday, as they defeated the Green and White, 88-87 in overtime. Kobe Bryantled all scorers with 27 points, while Andrew Bynumadded 17 rebounds. As for the Celtics, Paul Pierceled the team with seven assists, and Ray Allenfinished the game with 22 points. Boston will return to the hardwood on Friday when they travel to Toronto for a 7:00pm tip-off.
* Tim Thomascreated a few headlines on Thursday afternoon, as the Boston Bruins goaltender once again utilized his freedom of speech through social media to announce a few political thoughts for his fans. Yet, this isn’t the first time that the goaltender has used Facebook to state his beliefs on politics, especially since he announced a few weeks ago why he decided to forgo a visit to the White House. Thomas told reporters that he’s allowed to have his own beliefs and everyone should respect his personal thoughts going forward.
* The Boston Bruins will return to the ice on Saturday afternoon when they host the Nashville Predators for a 1:00pm face-off, and according to sources, the team hasn’t announced who’ll be starting in net, but it’s possible Thomas could be the backstop for the Black and Gold.
* According to the Boston Herald and WEEI.com, Red Sox first basemen Kevin Youkilisrecently got engaged to Tom Brady‘s sister Julie, who is a California schoolteacher with a 5-year-old daughter.
Happy Thursday to everyone, and welcome into yet another grand edition of the Daily Noontime. Here are some headlines and news to kick-start the day!
* The Buffalo Sabres walloped the Boston Bruins on Wednesday evening, 6-0 in upstate New York. Both Tuukka Raskand Tim Thomassurrendered three goals, as well as combined for 23 saves, while Boston’s offense tallied 36 shots on Buffalo goaltender Ryan Miller. Also, this was the second time in February that the Bruins have finished the game with a “goose egg” on the scoreboard. Boston will look to rebound on Saturday when they host Nashville for a 1:00pm face-off.
* Boston College’s men’s basketball team stunned No. 17 Florida State on Wednesday in Chestnut Hill, as they overcame a slow start to defeat the Seminoles, 64-60. Freshman Jordan Danielsled the Eagles with 21 points, as well as provided four trifectas and five assists. The Eagles are now 8-16 overall, and 3-7 in ACC play.
* The Boston Celtics will look to continue their winning ways on Thursday when they host the Los Angles Lakers for an 8:00pm tip-off. The Green and White are currently riding a five-game winning streak, while the Lakers have lost two of their last three contests.
Happy Wednesday to all, and welcome into yet another stupendous and tremendous edition of… wait for it… the Daily Noontime! OK… that may have been a tad bit over the top, but here’s some news, headlines and more to kick-start your day, enjoy!