By Matt Noonan | @NoontimeNation
Happy Tuesday, everyone!
Can you believe this weather? I may call in sick and head to the beach – it is going to be close to 60 degrees today, which makes me pretty happy!
Before you head out to soak in some Vitamin D, enjoy a brand new ‘Daily Noontime’ – it is the best way to start your day!
Boston heads to Tampa Bay for an important early week match-up
- The Boston Bruins return to the ice this evening for an important match-up with the Tampa Bay Lightning. This is the first of two meetings this week – Tampa Bay will visit Boston on Saturday for an important contest.
- Boston currently leads Tampa Bay in the standings by seven points so this would be an ideal night to pick up some more points with a win over a team the Black and Gold will most likely see in the postseason.
Could David Pastrnak win the NHL’s Hart Trophy?
- As you know (or may not know), Boston’s David Pastrnak is having quite a season – he enters tonight’s contest leading all NHL skaters in goals scored (47) and power-play goals (19), but some believe he won’t win the award once the 2019-20 season concludes.
The Celtics welcome the Nets to Boston tonight
- The Boston Celtics will attempt to erase the memories of last Saturday’s one-point setback to the Houston Rockets when they entertain the Brooklyn Nets, who enter tonight’s contest with a 26-33 overall record.
- Tonight marks the beginning of the stretch run – can you believe the NBA playoffs are right around the corner? – and you know Jayson Tatum will be ready to lead the Green and White to victory.
Tom Brady may not divorce the New England Patriots
- We’re anxiously waiting to find out where Tom Brady will play next season. I think he will return to the New England Patriots. And I also think he is not ready to divorce a team that he has enjoyed so much success with over the past 20 seasons.
Boston College wins its 17th Hockey East regular-season crown
- Boston College has won seven-straight contests and one of those wins (against rival Boston University) helped the men’s ice hockey team clinch its 17th Hockey East regular-season title. The Eagles will be at home for the quarterfinals, which begin next weekend.
- This weekend, BC will play a home-and-home series with the University of New Hampshire.
The 18th Hockey East Women’s semifinals will take place this weekend
- The 18th Hockey East Women’s semifinals will take place this Saturday, March 7th at Merrimack College with Maine and Northeastern University skating in the first game at 12 p.m. followed by New Hampshire vs. Connecticut in the second game at 3:30 p.m.
UMass welcomes Albany to Amherst for an afternoon clash
- Fresh off an impressive three-goal (13-10) win over Yale University last Saturday, the UMass men’s lacrosse team will look to continue their momentum this afternoon when they host Albany for a 3 p.m. face-off.
- UMass has won three of five contests this season, including two of their last three outings.