It’s Friday – yay, we made it!
It is also a holiday weekend, too – any fun plans for the Fourth of July?
As usual, we hope everyone stays safe and healthy during this time, and celebrate in a smart way, too. Have a great weekend and thanks for patiently waiting for today’s Daily Noontime!
Noontime’s Headlines for Friday, July 3, 2020
- Sure, it is only July – early July, to be exact – but as noted yesterday on Yahoo! Sports, South Carolina Governor Henry McMaster said he will cancel college and high school football this fall if coronavirus case numbers continue to climb.If McCaster cancels the upcoming college and high school football season, then don’t expect Clemson University to defend its national championship this fall.
- Speaking of cases on the rise, there seems to be some concern regarding the upcoming LSU college football season as we continue to inch closer to a brand new school year.
- We learned yesterday that the Boston Cannons of Major League Lacrosse (MLL) will play a short, five-game season later this month in Annapolis, Maryland.The MLL is celebrating 20 years of lacrosse, but this particular season will be one for the history books years from now.
- It was reported yesterday that one of 93 student-athletes that play football at Boston College tested positive for the coronavirus.
- According to WCVB’s Duke Castiglione, some members of the Boston Red Sox have tested positive for the coronavirus.
- Finally, the Washington Redskins announced today that they will “undergo a thorough review of the team’s name,” which means we should hear about a new mascot hopefully soon.