Whoa … It’s “Hump” Day! Happy Wednesday to everyone and welcome into a grand edition of the Daily Noontime! Let’s kick-off the day with some news and headlines. Also, here’s a shout out to the Boston Red Sox too – Go Get ‘Em!
* The Boston Red Sox used four home runs to beat the Baltimore Orioles on Tuesday to defeat the Baltimore Orioles, 8-7. Also, they’re still tied with the Tampa Bay Rays for the American League Wild Card, who defeated the New York Yankees, 5-3.
* According to the MLB, if there is a two-way tie in the American and National League for the Wild Cards – they’ll play a one-game playoff on Thursday.
* The New York Times broke down the third week of the NFL in a “film review,” so check it out.
* Apparently the NFL has revamped the Super Bowl logo for the championship in 2014, which will be played outdoors at the Meadowlands in New Jersey.
* If you live in Cincinnati – don’t expect to watch the Bengals-Buffalo Bills game because it’s going to be blacked out on television.
* In case you missed it, Milwaukee’s Price Fielder hit three home runs on Tuesday against the Pittsburgh Pirates, which helped the Brewers pick up an important 6-4 win.
Games to Watch:
* Boston at Baltimore (MLB) – 7:05pm eastern
* New York Yankees at Tampa Bay (MLB) – 7:10pm eastern
* Philadelphia at Atlanta (MLB) – 7:10pm eastern
* St. Louis at Houston (MLB) – 8:05pm eastern
Video of the Day:
The final day of the MLB season has arrived, but there’s four teams fighting for two playoff spots, which means, cue “Don’t Stop Believing!”