By NoontimeSports.com | @NoontimeNation
With 2019 slowly winding down and a new year – and yes, decade, too – upon us, it is time to look back at some of our favorite posts we produced over the past 12 months.
- The Way Too Early New England D3 Football Top 20 Poll. I think we were VERY excited for another year of New England D-III football coverage back in June. This season, we introduced our first-ever Top 20 Poll – yes, we had some people dispute and question our rankings, but we certainly got people excited with some early preseason coverage.
- The Football Friday Podcast took off – and we even appeared on iTunes and Spotify, too. Talking New England football was fun this summer and fall. And the best part was the show appeared on iTunes and Spotify, so we were able to let our fans take our show with them and listen to in the car on the way to games. Big props to James Baker for his help and expertise – he is a great co-host for the show!
- D3 Players to Watch in Massachusetts and Connecticut. We introduced a new piece of content ahead of the D-III lacrosse season with players to watch posts. And two states that did very well – no surprise, of course – was Massachusetts and Connecticut. We also did ‘Players to Watch‘ in Texas, too.
- We produced some high school sports content, including a story about Somerville High School returning to the Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association (MIAA) postseason for the first time since 2013.
- Our guy Matt Noonan sat down with members of the Endicott College football team prior to their first game of the 2019 season to learn about some‘extra’ motivation they had following a disappointing ending to their 2018 campaign.
- Prior to their trip to Vermont, we caught up with three members of the Coast Guard Academy football team to hear their thoughts about contending for ‘The Mug’ against Norwich University.
- Earlier this spring, we made some pre-championship predictions for the MIAA state lacrosse championships for all five contests and were right about Winchester winning the D-II crown.
- Before they made the short trek to Walpole High School, we caught up with the new coach – Manny Lopes – and members of the Norwood High School football team.
- Noonan wrote a LONG-form piece about seven things he learned (and took away) from the seventh week of the 2019 New England D-III Football season.
- We highlighted the Colby College men’s basketball team as our New England D-III men’s basketball team of November while naming Western New England our women’s team of the same month.
- This past summer, we spoke with Katie Zimmerman, who was named the first-ever coach of the Western New England women’s ice hockey team. We’re excited to see the Golden Bears compete next winter!
- The Middlebury College women’s lacrosse team overcame an opening day loss to Bates College with a 22-game winning streak, which included a national championship on Memorial Day Weekend.
We hope you enjoyed a look back at some of our favorite posts of 2019 – we can’t wait to produce some similar posts in 2020 while trying new ways to share (and highlight) the New England sports scene!
Happy Holidays, everyone!