By NoontimeSports.com | @NoontimeSports
Welcome to Friday or as we call it … Fri-Yay!
Let’s kick-off the weekend with a brand new edition of the Daily Noontime with some news, links and more from the wonderful world wide web!
In The News:
- Congrats to Kareem Davis of Becker College, who became the men’s basketball program’s all-time leading scorer last night. The Lowell, Massachusetts native has now tallied 1,726 points in 102 games. This season, Davis, who is a guard for the Hawks, is averaging a career-best 21.0 points per game.
- Make sure to check out the Star Tribune’s piece on Canadians and overseas players that are making an impact in the NCAA college basketball world.
- So, Jamal Adams, who is a safety for the New York Jets, feels bad about tackling the New England Patriots mascot, but he isn’t sorry. Does that even make sense?
- Props to Benjamin Watson for calling out NFL commissioner Roger Goodell – we need more of this, please!
- According to the Providence Journal, New England Patriots receivers coach Chad O’Shea is the “front-runner to become the next Miami Dolphins offensive coordinator.”
- Sad news, music fans … Victoria Beckham will not be joining the Spice Girls reunion tour. But, she did say that she will take her children to the concert and wishes the group “so much luck.”
In Case You Missed It (ICYMI):
- It was a slow day of content creation yesterday, but feel free to jump back in time and read our Daily Noontime from yesterday!
Video of the Day: In honor of our first Daily Noontime on a Friday – the first Friday edition in quite some time! – let’s jump back in time and jam out to … “Friday!”