Both Northeastern University and UMass men’s basketball teams earned spots in the upcoming NIT tournament.
Northeastern will travel to Alabama to face the Crimson Tide in the first round on Tuesday, March 19 at 9 p.m., while UMass will host the Seawolves of Stony Brook on Wednesday, March 20 at 7:15 p.m.
For more information on the Northeastern men’s basketball team — HOP HERE
For more information on the UMass men’s basketball team — HOP HERE
The Tampa Bay Lightning beat-up the Boston Bruins on Tuesday, 6-1! (Photo Credit: SB Nation)
Happy Wednesday to everyone! Let’s get the day started with some headlines and news from Boston and New England!
* The Boston Bruins trailed Tampa Bay by four goals after one period, and never recovered, as the Lightning beat-up the Black and Gold on Tuesday, 6-1. Jordan Caron netted the only goal for Boston, while Marty Turco and Tim Thomas combined for 11 saves between the pipes. Boston is currently 1-3 in their last four contests, and will attempt to end their three-game skid on Thursday when they face-off against Florida.
* Sources confirmed that the New England Patriots are working toward finalizing a deal with wide receiver Matthew Slater, which should be completed by Wednesday. Also, there is no news on Wes Welker‘s contract, but it’s possible that due to various free agent signings, he’ll be asking for a decent amount of money.
* The Boston Celtics will return to the hardwood on Wednesday evening when they tip-off against the Golden State Warriors. Boston is 1-1 on their current eight-game road swing, and have won three of their last five matches.
* UMass’ men’s basketball team earned a first round NIT victory against Mississippi State on Tuesday, 101-96 in double overtime. The Minutemen will return to the hardwood on Thursday when they take on Seton Hall.
* Finally, the Boston Red Sox picked up their seventh win in the Grapefruit League on Tuesday, as they defeated the New York Yankees, 1-0.
Paul Pierce paced the Celtics with 25 points on Monday, which lifted Boston past Los Angles! (Photo Credit: NBA.com)
Good Tuesday to everyone, and welcome into yet another amazing edition of the Daily Noontime! Let’s kick-start the day with news and headlines.
* The Boston Celtics snapped their one-game losing skid in Los Angles on Monday, as they defeated the Clippers, 94-85. Paul Pierce paced all scorers with 25 points, while Rajon Rondo tallied 10 assists. Boston will continue its eight-game road trip on Wednesday when they travel to Oakland to face the Golden State Warriors.
* During Boston’s match against Los Angles, Ray Allen sustained a left ankle injury, which the shooting guard believes won’t hamper him going forward.
* Sources confirmed late Monday evening that former New England Patriots wide receiver Randy Moss has inked his name on a one-year contract with the San Francisco 49ers. The highly touted wide receiver did not play this past season, but certainly is excited about returning to the gridiron.
* The Boston Bruins will attempt to end their two-game losing streak on Tuesday when they travel to Tampa Bay for a 7:30pm face-off.
* Finally, the University of Massachusetts men’s basketball team will begin their quest toward a NIT championship on Tuesday when they tip-off against Mississippi State at 7:00pm.