Happy Monday, everyone!
We hope everyone had a wonderful weekend while celebrating America’s birthday safely. Did you enjoy a hot dog and hamburger this weekend?
Let’s kick-off a brand new week – well, technically the start of phase three here in Massachusetts – with the ‘Daily Noontime’ for Monday, July 6, 2020.
Have a great day, everyone, and remember to stay safe and healthy, too!
Noontime’s Headlines for Monday, July 6, 2020
- With phase three starting today that only means one thing: summer baseball.Yep, summer baseball is back on for a few local leagues, including the Massachusetts Independent Baseball League (MIBL), which begins its inaugural season tomorrow with three very enticing matchups taking place in Dedham, Franklin, and Norwood.
Last week, we caught up with the two co-founders of the MIBL – Cam Fox and Steve Maze – about how this league was started. It was great speaking with both Cam and Steve, and we know you will enjoy the story, too.
- Sticking with the phase three theme, here is what is now open in Massachusetts, except some locations, including Boston and Somerville.
- According to recent modeling, Massachusetts is one of 14 states that has “controlled the growth of the disease” – that would be the coronavirus (Covid-19). And that was certainly a reason why Governor Charlie Baker elected to move our state into the third phase.
- Are you ready to return to your local gym this week (or next week)? The Boston Globe provided a sneak peek into what your fitness experience may look like during the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
- In case you missed it, Nik DeCosta-Klipa of Boston.com produced a great piece last week regarding what gyms in Massachusetts must do to keep their clients safe.
- Local youth baseball and softball leagues are eager to return to the field this week in the Berkshires, according to our good friend Howard Herman of the Berkshire Eagle.
- J.D. Martinez, who is often the designated hitter for the Boston Red Sox, announced through a Zoom call with reporters yesterday that he is asthmatic. And he certainly seems nervous about playing games during a pandemic.