Paul Pierce tallied 17 points on Wednesday, which sparked the Celtics to defeat the Raptors, 100-64! (Photo Credit: Zimbio.com)
Happy Thursday to everyone, and welcome into yet another grand edition of the Daily Noontime! Let’s get started.
* The Boston Celtics earned their second consecutive win on Wednesday, and their 11th of the season, as they walloped the Toronto Raptors, 100-64. Paul Pierce finished the contest with 17 points, eight assists and six rebounds. Boston will return to the court on Friday when they host the New York Knicks.
* Boston Red Sox manager Bobby Valentine told reporters that he’s excited for spring training to begin, and plans to arrive in Florida a few days before pitchers and catchers are expected. However, Valentine is planning on having a “volunteer” workout on Feb. 16, but will anyone attend? We’ll find out!
* Chris Canty told reporters on Wednesday that he’s expecting to have a great game on Sunday and then a parade on Tuesday in New York. The former Dallas Cowboy defensive lineman has certainly enjoyed his time with the Giants, but also seems confident that Big Blue will defeat the New England Patriots in Super Bowl XLVI.
* The Boston Bruins will return to the ice on Thursday evening when they welcome the Carolina Hurricanes to the TD Garden, and according to head coach Claude Julien, he’ll have some news/updates on Nathan Horton‘s (mild concussion) condition.
Dennis Seidenberg scored the go-ahead goal on Tuesday, which helped the Bruins defeat the Senators, 4-3! (Photo Credit: Boston Herald)
Happy “Hump Day” to everyone, as well as happy February, too! Let’s jumpstart the month with some headlines and news that rock!
* The Boston Bruins kicked-off the second half of their schedule with a win against Ottawa, 4-3 at the TD Garden. Dennis Seidenberg notched the go-ahead goal at 7:09 in the third period, which secured the Black and Gold’s 32nd win of the season. Tim Thomas turned away 30 of 33 shots between the pipes, too. The Bruins will return to the ice on Thursday when they host the Carolina Hurricanes.
* Despite allowing Cleveland to register 32 points in the fourth frame, the Boston Celtics defeated the Cavaliers in Ohio, 93-90. Paul Pierce led the squad with 20 points, while Kevin Garnett and Brandon Bass each tallied 13 points. The Green and White will return to the hardwood on Wednesday when they host the Toronto Raptors for a 7:30pm tip-off.
* Daisuke Matsuzaka threw a bullpen session on Tuesday for the first time since he had season-ending elbow surgery last June. The Boston Red Sox pitcher is expected to continue throwing on Wednesday, and then do another bullpen session on Friday. Also, he’s expected to join the club this season.
* The New England Patriots are expected to return to the gridiron on Wednesday after taking a day off for “Media Day” on Tuesday. Although, one of the biggest questions is will Rob Gronkowski join his team on the practice field? We’ll find out!
Happy December to everyone and welcome to our midway point of the week, Wednesday! It is officially the first of December, which means 2010 is slowly coming to a close, but in the meantime, here is our Daily Noontime for Wednesday December 1, 2010, have an awesome day!
* Could the New York Yankees now be targeting Kansas City Royals pitcher, Zach Greinke? How would he look in pinstripes?
* The New York Jets have come to realized that if they want to beat the New England Patriots, they need to have Trevor Pryce and the defense need to pressure Tom Brady.
* NBA great, Magic Johnson continues to be very interested in bringing a NFL team to Los Angles, California, but will it happen?
* Former NBA star, Charles Barkley, has a few words of advice for President Obama and his basketball game.
* Colorado Rockies shortstop Troy Tulowitzki has received a guaranteed contract worth $157.75 million dollars. Wow!
* Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison was once again, fined by the NFL for the fourth time this season.
* Chicago Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher believes the NFL fines are bogus.
* Could the Toronto Raptors eventually get owned by a Canadian phone company? Certainly seems that possible.
Games to Watch:
* Memphis at Atlanta (NBA) – 7:00pm eastern
* Edmonton at Montreal (NHL) – 7:00pm eastern
* Boston at Philadelphia (NHL) – 7:00pm eastern
* Portland at Boston (NBA) – 7:30pm eastern
* Orlando at Chicago (NBA) – 8:00pm eastern
* L.A. Lakers at Houston (NBA) – 8:30pm eastern
* #6 Michigan State at #1 Duke (NCAA Men’s BB) – 9:30pm eastern
Video of the Day:
So the Jets beat the Patriots in week 2, but what about in week 13?