It’s a brand new week, which means we need to kick-start it with some news and headlines from the sports universe in Massachusetts…Boston!
* There will be a Game Seven on Wednesday, as the Boston Bruins won their second overtime contest against the Washington Capitals on Sunday, 4-3. Tyler Seguin registered the game-winning goal and assist, while Tim Thomas saved 36 of 39 shots between the pipes.
* Boston and Washington will complete their Eastern Conference quarterfinals series on Wednesday at the TD Garden – time is TBD.
* The Boston Red Sox third contest with the New York Yankees was postponed on Sunday due to heavy rain. The Sox are currently 4-10, and haven’t recorded a win since they defeated the Tampa Bay Rays on Sunday, Apr. 15.
* Despite no Sunday Night Baseball — former Red Sox manager Terry Francona expressed his thoughts on returning to Fenway Park on Friday to celebrate Fenway Park’s 100th birthday.
* Finally, the Boston Celtics have learned that their first round playoff foe will be the Atlanta Hawks. Boston clinched their third consecutive Atlantic Division last week against Orlando, but currently remain one game behind Atlanta for home-court advantage. Boston has two games remaining in the regular season against Miami and Milwaukee.