McMillan and Matt Noonan began the podcast discussing the current state of the New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC) before switching gears to various teams in the New England Football Conference (NEFC). Also, both guys give provided their thoughts on Mount Ida’s football team, as well as the Eastern Collegiate Football Conference, too.
On Thursday, the second round of the Mansfield Regional, (New England) Div. III college baseball continued, and saw one Massachusetts team preserve its undefeated record — Wheaton College — and two that sustained losses.
Here is the scoreboard and recaps courtesy of D3Baseball.com.
No. 19 Springfield College’s men’s lacrosse team jumped out to an eight-goal lead at the break, and never looked back, as the Pride defeated Wheaton College on Saturday at Amos Alonzo Stagg Field today, 15-5.
Springfield has now won six consecutive matches, and remains the top squad in the Pilgrim League with a 5-0-conference record.
Dylan Sheehan paced Springfield with four goals and three assists, while senior Eric Baslov ended the game with one goal and three assists.
Senior Duncan Smith led Wheaton with two tallies, and also recorded seven shots on net and three ground balls.
Springfield outshot Wheaton, 48-32, while the Lyons secured 24 ground balls compared to the Prides 19.
The Pride will play their final regular season home contest on Wednesday, Apr. 25, when they welcome Western New England to campus, while Wheaton will attempt to rebound against MIT on the same day – both contests are slated for 4:00pm face-offs.
Can the Colonels bounce back this weekend against Western New England College? (Photo courtesy of Curry College Athletics)
Week six of the college football season kicks-off tomorrow and yes, there’s some marque matchups to watch here in Massachusetts, such as Worcester State vs. Mass. Maritime, Curry College vs. Western New England College and Bentley vs. Merrimack.
Here’s the schedule, enjoy!
Saturday, Oct. 8, 2011:
* Fitchburg State at Framingham State – 12:00pm
* Worcester State at Mass. Maritime – 12:00pm
* Coast Guard at Bridgewater State – 12:00pm
* Springfield College at Salisbury – 12:00pm
* UMass (Dartmouth) at Salve Regina – 12:00pm
* Holy Cross at Brown University – 12:30pm
* Harvard at Cornell University – 12:30pm
* Bentley at Merrimack College – 1:00pm
* Maine Maritime at Westfield State – 1:00pm
* Bowdoin College at Tufts University – 1:00pm
* Bates College at Williams College – 1:00pm
* MIT at Plymouth State – 1:00pm
* Endicott at Nichols – 1:00pm
* Curry College at Western New England College – 1:00pm
A former Get In The Game co-host from WCCS – Wheaton College Radio’s number one sports talk show, Jake Foley, joined Noontime Sports to talk NFL and the week that was with Matt Noonan. Foley chimed on his favorite team, New Orleans Saints, as well as discussed his opinions toward Brett Favre and the leagues labor union agreement.